Re: [Question #666082]: Membrane of Pfacet elements

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
Hi,
Very interesting script.
My impression is that your parameters define a violent impact and since there is strictly no form of damping it produces extreme elastic waves in this funny structure. Given that the mesh is not very much designed to handle localized deformation  near the impact point it makes the model more prone to instability, it seems.
Nevertheless I could observe stabilized results after decreasing your initial time step by a factor 10.

It is usually inconvenient to start an impact problem with a free fall since they occur on different timescales.
Better start from the situation just before impact with an initial velocity.

I hope it helps.

Bruno