Re: [Question #668081]: Problem with matplotlib.pyplot

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
For further clarification Son, what we refer to with "yade-daily package" is a Yade version that Linux users can install without compiling anything, using classical Linux package management tools (like apt-get, ..)
That corresponds to https://yade-dem.org/doc/installation.html#packages (and only this "Packages" part of the installation webpage)

All installation instructions starting from https://yade-
dem.org/doc/installation.html#source-code refer to an installation
through source code compilation. You got this source code in the zip
file you downloaded from gitHub.

Lastly, your "unknown" is not the "version" of your Yade, it's just a suffix appended to the Yade executable (Python script, actually) and that you could specify during compilation process (but you did not, thus "unknown")

What we actually call Yade version is what Yade (whatever the installation method) outputs at startup. Give a closer look to your terminal and you should see something like Jan mentioned in #6, eg 2018.02b-75-657a5bd~xenial.
This reflects the development stage that is behind your Yade program, and is supposed to change with time (if you update your yade* packages, or if you download in a couple of weeks another zip file from gitHub)