Re: [Question #654435]: Yade breaks terminal

Persio posted a new comment:
Hi Jan,
I'm sorry if I sounded somewhat rude. It was not my intent.
The solution you have proposed has two parts:
First, edit the the yade script, commenting out one single line. This is easy.
Second, remove any call for the qt.controller() from the user scripts. That is the trouble, in my opinion. Most of the examples furnished by the yade team have that call. The beginner will have some difficulties with this part, since he/she will certainly try to run those examples and use them as a starting point to learn how to use yade.
By the way, I have installed a new VM with the last ubuntu 18.04, and installed yade in it. The bug is not present there.
Cheers,
Persio