Re: [Question #669986]: how are interactions calculated

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
Hi,

Interaction creation is described at https://yade-
dem.org/doc/formulation.html#creating-interaction-between-particles.

In a typical YADE simulation, InsertionSortCollider [*] will handle the
"potentiel interaction" job, see in particular "spatialOverlap()".

Then, Ig2_Sphere_Sphere_ScGeom [**] would complete the job (for a
typical 3 degrees of freedom sphere-sphere interaction).

InsertionSortCollider is inserted in O.engines as such (it's usually
O.engines[1]), while Ig2_Sphere_Sphere_ScGeom is part of InteractionLoop
(= O.engines[2] usually).

InteractionLoop will also be the conductor for all other "interaction
computations" ;-)

InteractionContainer which you stumbled upon (?) is "just" a class to store and access interactions (data), I don't think we can say it performs any interactions computations.

[*] https://github.com/yade/trunk/blob/master/pkg/common/InsertionSortCollider.hpp
[**] https://github.com/yade/trunk/blob/master/pkg/dem/Ig2_Sphere_Sphere_ScGeom.cpp, see in particular L38 and following