Re: [Question #670169]: informations about packing

jacopo is still having a problem:
Every time i want To test a soil i use The script that i posted before. When The deposition ends i take The particles position And i copy them in another script( The impact script, that i didn t post here) The problem Is: if i run Two Times The same particles deposition with The same material parameters, when i put The positions in The script impact i obtain two results a little bit different, And i wanted To know How can i avoid IT
________________________________
Da: bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> per conto di Jan Stránský <question670169@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Inviato: mercoledì 13 giugno 2018 11:56:54
A: Jacopo Varriale
Oggetto: Re: [Question #670169]: informations about packing

Your question #670169 on Yade changed:

> I can t save The particles position And use IT for all The runs
Becouse when i change The material parameters The particles change their
interactions And have To do again the deposition

> but i m expected that repeating the test with the same value it will
return the same result.

sorry, I did not get this point..
If you want to get exactly the same results, you have to run the simulation with the same parameters and also with exactly the same initial packing (i.e. not using your current randomDensePack approach)
If you run different simulations ("Becouse when i change The material parameters"), you get different results, no surprise..

> i m Also lunching with more cores.

see [1]

cheers
Jan

[1] https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/665405

--
If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
know that it is solved:

If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
following page to enter your feedback:

You received this question notification because you asked the question.