Re: [Question #670862]: Applying normal strain rates in PeriTriaxController engine

Description changed to:
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a straightforward way to apply normal strain
rates (de11/dt, ...) when using PeriTriaxController engine. If I
understand correctly, unlike the TriaxialStressController engine, the
strain goals in PeriTriaxController.goal refers to final desired strain
and not the rate.

Would it be possible to set also the normal strain rates using
O.cell.velGrad = (du/dx, du/dy, du/dz,  dv/dx, dv/dy, dv/dz,  dw/dx,
dw/dy, dw/dz) command? My concern is that it would lead to a conflict
with the engines goals. In case of such conflicts, I am not sure which
command is overriding which.

In other words, if I set the normal strain rates with  O.cell.velGrad,
then what stressMask should be use, and how should I set the
PeriTriaxController.goal so that there is no conflict between the set
goals and prescribed strain rate?

I hope my question is comprehensible. Thanks a lot.