Re: [Question #671286]: yade plot function causing error

Description changed to:
I recently re-installed the current version of YADE on my Ubuntu 18.04 and ran the simple Gravity Desposition program (given here https://yade-dem.org/doc/tutorial-examples.html) and I am getting the following error:
~/Dropbox/Lit review/INDOT project/programs$ yade trial.py
Welcome to Yade 2018.02b
TCP python prompt on localhost:9000, auth cookie `ydcuae'
XMLRPC info provider on http://localhost:21000
Running script trial.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/yade", line 182, in runScript
    execfile(script,globals())
  File "trial.py", line 6, in <module>
    from yade import pack, plot
  File "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/yade/py/yade/plot.py", line 25, in <module>
    import matplotlib,os,time,math,itertools
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/matplotlib/__init__.py", line 127, in <module>
    from matplotlib.rcsetup import defaultParams, validate_backend, cycler
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/matplotlib/rcsetup.py", line 29, in <module>
    from matplotlib.fontconfig_pattern import parse_fontconfig_pattern
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/matplotlib/fontconfig_pattern.py", line 32, in <module>
    from backports.functools_lru_cache import lru_cache
ImportError: No module named functools_lru_cache

I didn't get this error on my previous ubuntu 16. Also, when I remove the plot function (and its corresponding calls in my program), the error doesn't come and the program runs smoothly as before. Can someone let me know the problem (probably with the calling of plot function)?