Re: [Question #671286]: yade plot function causing error

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
Hi,

For the record, there are no functions to blame here : the problem arises when you "import plot" (as you should see if you just type this in your YADE terminal), which is importing the YADE *module* "plot"
(this module defines functions such as plot.plot() )

Going further (following what the error says) the error comes from a
failed "import matplotlib", that is called by the "import plot", where
matplotlib is an external Python module, not provided by YADE.

In the end, I think you would get the same error typing "import
matplotlib" in your YADE terminal, which is a (2.7) Python terminal, and
your question should be entitled "import matplotlib error" ;-)

Looking through the Internet for similar errors (in the general Python community) gives things like e.g. [*]. Maybe they can help...
(I do not know the answer myself even though I hope I could make the situation clearer...)

[*] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50150952/cannot-import-matplotlib-after-update-to-ubuntu-18-04-due-to-missing-functools