Re: [Question #671283]: Wierd volumetric strain during triaxial tests under different confining pressure

xuelong14 is still having a problem:
I investigated the influence of the elastic modulus. When it is low,
every thing seems to be fine; when it is high, the evolution pattern is
not the same as what is observed in physical tests.

I think the deformation for granular soils is mainly plastic, so the
higher the elastic modulus, the closer the results should be to the
physical results.

This kind of phenomena really bothers me a lot and I am really confused
about how to choose the elastic modulus in DEM simulations.

Best regards,

Long