Re: [Question #673023]: setting initial velocity

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
> clumping all my object facets, will they start to decelerate even if
they aren't directly in contact with the soil?

Yes they should.

The assertion failure (you are using a debug build are'nt you? else I think asserts would be removed)?  is because the cumulated mass of the clumped facets is zero.
You need 1/ to assign mass and inertia to each facet before clumping or 2/ compile without debug features so that you can  define mass/inertia of the clump after clumping.
Cheers
Bruno