Re: [Question #675377]: Straining rate in PeriTriaxController

Bruno Chareyre posted a new comment:
I did not say a thing about "strain increments" and I don't dare trying because it leads to rather complex finite strain problems, and in most cases (including yours) it is not necessary.
What can be defined unambiguously is: 1/ strain rate, the symmetric part of velocity gradient, and 2/ the transformation tensor between two states (i.e. the multiplicative accumulation of velocity gradient over time).

> "So in my original script, I am either measuring wrong increments of
strain, or imposing the wrong strain rates."

You were measuring wrong increments. Constant strain rate just means
constant velGrad, and that was your situation already.

Bruno