Re: [Question #675971]: interacting or non interacting spheres

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
Hi,
It seems to be an unexpected use case of avoidSelfInteractionMask [1] .

If, let's say:
b1=Body(groupMask=2)
b2=Body(groupMask=2)
collider.avoidSelfInteractionMask = 2

Then the collider will ignore collisions between b1 and b2, or between any two bodies with groupMask=2.
Let me know if it works for you.

It is still a bit unclear to me what is the advantage of simulating simultaneous free-fall of non-interacting spheres.
You could just deposit them one by one sequentially, I don't think it would take more cpu time.

@Robert: isActive=False (I didn't know this flag...) would require to wait for newly created interactions just to turn them off.
Doesn't sound like a straight path.

Regards
Bruno

[1] https://www.yade-
dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html?highlight=mindlin#yade.wrapper.Collider.avoidSelfInteractionMask