Re: [Question #676507]: what are the differences of YADE with PFC version 6 in simulating?

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
Hello,

I have a question for you, it seems PFC is providing the exact
functionality you need, so why are seeking a replacement? Anyways, it's
always a good exercise to find out which functionalities are "sorely"
missing from one code or another, so let's discuss!

>>1) ability to couple with FLAC3D,
Depends on the FLAC3D interface. Yade was coupled with Escript [1]

>>2) robustness of the contact detection and resolution,
Please elaborate. Yade's contact detection is quite robust.

>>3) efficiency especially during flow,
What kind of flow? CFD? Does PFC have a 3D PFV model like Yade?

>>4) block rounding,
What is that?

>>5) ability to model in 2D and 3D with nearly the same data files,
What is that?

 >>6) Python bindings to the rigid block data structures.
Yade is fully wrapped in Python. Every object can be exposed to Python.

>>Yade can simulate model in 100*50*20 m dimensions?
Sure.

[1]https://yade-dem.org/doc/FEMxDEM.html