Re: [Question #676507]: what are the differences of YADE with PFC version 6 in simulating?

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
>This is a step forward in being able to model tightly interlocked, low
porosity assemblies and it prepare conditions to study in a more
efficient and robust way.

As for this comment, it is very hard to make any kind of comparisons.
What length scale are you using angular rigid blocks for? If you use
angular rigid blocks as a discretization of space, I see no difference
compared to spheres. At that scale we aren't modeling anything directly.
I added a functionality to Yade's PFV to consider this type of scenario
[1].

As for interlocking, could you comment on how blocks might provide a
more accurate representation of reality compared to an increase of
contact detection radius for a body [2]?

[1]https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.FlowEngine.desiredPorosity
[2]https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022509612002268