Re: [Question #677261]: Simulation speed on Vmware

fengjingyu posted a new comment:
Hi Robert,

>>Please provide your hardware specs too.

The  hardware specs is x64-based processor.Installed memory is 64GB.

>>Numbers would be helpful, try using O.speed and reporting back.

I use yade.timing.stats() to monitor speed.Compare input yade -j 4 a.py
to yade a.py,i ran the same step size, but for almost the same amount of
time.

>>parallel yade requires the -jX argument

There are two methods to parallel in programmer's manual:-j THREADS and
--cores=CORES.I don't know which to choose.