Re: [Question #677261]: Simulation speed on Vmware

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
>>The hardware specs is x64-based processor.Installed memory is 64GB.

How many cores does your processor have?

>>I use yade.timing.stats() to monitor speed.Compare input yade -j 4
a.py to yade a.py,i ran the same step size, but for almost the same
amount of time.

Can you provide the output/numbers?

>>There are two methods to parallel in programmer's manual:-j THREADS
and --cores=CORES.I don't know which to choose.

Use -jX.

>>yade -j 4 a.py

should be yade -j4 a.py (no space between -j and 4).