Re: [Question #677635]: keeping constant confinement

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
Hi,
I think everything is correct.

>  when I extract the cylinder, the porosity is set back to the original
cloud porosity

It is _not_ set back to the original.
The original is 0.7402048362033036
The final is 0.8019192426223386

The reason why the final is not your target is because by removing some
spheres the apparent porosity is increased (it is always calculated with
reference to the same total volume of the box).

Also note that switchScene() is not needed, although it maybe works.
What you need really is O.reset() I guess.

> I'm new in using Yade and still learning how it works

You seem to be on the right track. :)

I hope it helps
Regards
Bruno