[Question #678329]: Problems with yade-daily in Linux Mint 18.3 'Sylvia'

The installation page of YADE says the prerequisites are checked before the compilation starts. I didn't see any message about this during the installation, but when I tried to update the prerequisites with

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yade-users/external

the message is something like

"This PPP n \ xc3 \ xa3o supports xenial '
Could not add PPA: '' This PPA n \ xc3 \ xa3o supports xenial"

Is it possible to istall yade-daily in a Linux Mint 18.3 'Sylvia' version? Or the best to do is install a Linux Ubunto?

Regards,
Marcello