Re: [Question #678966]: Ubuntu 18.04.02&16.04.6

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
I would recommend to you to become familiar with Yade et al (linux,
python) first. In fact,  you can modify many aspects of constitutive
laws with the packaged version (sudo apt-get install yade). That is why
Yade is wrapped in Python, you have access to almost everything without
dealing with C++ compilations.

At risk of opening a can of worms - according to our thread from two
days ago [1], you successfully compiled from sources already. No?

[1]https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/678888