Re: [Question #679050]: GSTS gives an unstable dt?

Fabio proposed the following answer:
Hi,
I don't check your code but I guess in some (rare) cases it could be a problem related to the number of spheres you used, the bulk porosity, and their size in comparison to the amplitude of HarmonicMotionEngine. Let suppose to use two particles vertically aligned, and a plane at the base. The upper one is displacement controlled. If you move the upper one with an amplitude exceeding 2*radius the particle at the bottom could pass through the plate (or the upper sphere). The time step can be small but I suppose it doesn't matter.