Re: [Question #679153]: About batch mode

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
Hi,

>From yade-batch -h or yadedaily-batch -h, we can see that -jX is a
maximum of cores to be used by the whole batch process.

The number of cores a batch process requires, depends upon
- the number of lines in paras.table. Here, your table defines just 4 cases ("available lines 2, 3, 4, 5").
- the number of thread for each case of the batch simulation = for each line in paras.table. This is --job-threads option, and it defaults to 1

In the end, what your whole batch simulation requires, as presently
defined, is just 4 threads ie cores (I'm mixing the two words..). It's
then normal 8 out of your 12 cores have nothing to do.

It seems what you want is the --job-threads X option. Probably
yadedaily-batch --job-threads 3 paras.table meizizi.py

will ask your computer everything it has.