Re: [Question #679566]: Some questions about simulating consolidated undrained triaxial test

Bruno Chareyre posted a new comment:
> should strain rate technically depend on maintaining pore pressure
equilibrium for a consolidated undrained test?

No. In undrained tests pore pressure is a result, it is not maintained.

> In your case, the particles continue to "consolidate" (overlap)

I don't think so. If you impose a constant volume there is no
consolidation.

It is partly correct to replace fluid by a condition of shear at constant volume, in the sense that it's indeed the only effect of the fluid at the macroscale (if we admit water compressibility can be neglected... not true for rock materials).
What is missed by this approach is the internal circulations of fluid due to heterogeneities of local strain, but in terms of boundary conditions it makes sense.