Re: [Question #679544]: Best way to fix typos in documentation: source edit + git push?

Hi Bruno (and the team),

El 26-04-19 a las 10:03, Bruno Chareyre escribió:
> Yes you can write emails to yade-dev.

Ok, I'll do that next time ;)
But I'll finish the present conversation in yade-users to keep it simple
(and avoid possibly a mess).

> It would be very helpful if you could try method [1] (gitlab), especially if you plan to change more later,  and it should not be a big deal.
> Assuming you are working on source code pulled from the gitlab repository (else send use the result of "git remote -v"):
>
> cd trunk
> git status #list which files you have modified
> git commit file1 file2 file3 #the files you changed
> git pull --rebase
> git push origin master:fixtypo

I tried that last Friday and got: (same thing today…)

     > GitLab: You are not allowed to push code to this project.

     Please make sure you have the correct access rights and the
repository exists.

Some info about my `origin` repository i.e. `git remote show origin`

     remote origin
     Fetch URL: git@xxxxxxxxxx:yade-dev/trunk.git
     Push URL: git@xxxxxxxxxx:yade-dev/trunk.git
     Branch HEAD: master
     Remote branch:
         master  tracked

I am using SSH authentication, and the gitlab server has the
corresponding public key (I checked which key I am using with `ssh -vT
git@xxxxxxxxxx`).

Https authentication also fails (and I checked the credentials I use):

     Username for 'https://gitlab.com': g* dot l* at coandev dot com
     Password for 'https://*@gitlab.com':
     remote: You are not allowed to push code to this project.

Although I cannot push, I can pull i.e. `git pull --rebase` succeeds.

In the GitLab web interface I can see that I am *not* a member of the
`yade-dev/trunk` project (my user name is g* dot l* at coandev dot com
i.e. same as the e-mail address I am using but with a different host)

Could that be that I would need to be a member of the `yade-dev/trunk`
project for approach #1 to succeed? Any ideas? ;)

Gaël

PS:
Result of `git remote -v`

     origin	git@xxxxxxxxxx:yade-dev/trunk.git (fetch)