Re: [Question #681232]: Sphere goes through the facet wall in Harmonic vibration

Jan Stránský posted a new comment:
> The PWaveTimeStep is 1.02e-08.
> time step is set as 1e7

1e7 or 1e-7? in any case, it is > PWaveTimeStep and most likely makes
the simulation unstable with the consequences you see

> By the way, the default option of Yade is in parallel and uses all of the available cores? In the tutorial, it says, "By default, each job uses all available cores for itself, which causes jobs to be effectively run in parallel. Number of cores per job can be globally changed via the --job-threads option"
> If i just start a job by "yade pyname.py", is it executed in parallel and uses the available cores? If so, how many cores does it use when i start a new job without designating the cores to use? To grab some cores from the first job?

This is unrelated to the original problem, next time please open a new question for a new question [1]
Also next time please refer "the tutorial" etc. I see it in User's manual, being a different part of documentation than tutorial.

"all available cores" you are referring holds for batch execution (yade-batch).
yade pyname.py runs by default using 1 core.

cheers
Jan

[1] https://yade-dem.org/wiki/Howtoask