[Question #682095]: resonant column test

Hello everyone

I am a new user on Yade and I am new modelling in DEM.
I want to model a resonant column test, which consist on apply an isotropic stress on a cylindrical soil sample and then apply torsion to different strain levels. I have seen the triaxial test examples and there the soil sample used is a cube in a rigid wall, the isotropic consolidation there is applied through servo-controled system and then the deviatoric stress is applied. I have several questions about that topic.

1. I would like to know if the servocontrol system could be used in a cylindrical sample or if the sample response will be different if I use a cubic sample, I haven't found any reference about the topic, but I have seen in several references and in other examples that explain the consolidation could be achieved increasing the particle sizes. That takes me to the next question.

2. If I perform the isotropic consolidation increasing the particle sizes I have a change in the PSD, in some forums and some references I have seen that size doesn't matter in Yade, at least in models where high frequencies effects are not important. But in a resonant column test, the frequencies are foundamental to define the material behavior. And also if I change the particles and I consider the gravity there could be a change...

3. My last question is about the initial particle sizes I should use. I have seen that  O'Sullivan (2011) recomends to use the representative volume element, but if I have a distribution of particles sizes, the number of contacts changes, Does that matter?

Thanks