yade-users team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: [Question #683851]: contact detection between polyhedra and sphere
Question #683851 on Yade changed:
Status: Open => Answered
Jan Stránský proposed the following answer:
> Can you atleast please give references for which Yade implemented the
contact detection from?
no :-) there is no reference, I just did something very simple to make it work.
- on polyhedron, find closes point ("closest") to the sphere's center ("center").
- then follow  to compute normal, penetrationDepth, contactPoint.
> in general
it is too general question :-) you can e.g.:
- use the current idea (see above)
- use the current idea, somehow enhanced (evaluate differently vertex/edge/face cases)
- do the same as polyhedron-polyhedron contact does, i.e. compute overlapping solid and use it for further computations (of contact point, normal direction etc.)
- surely something else..
You received this question notification because your team yade-users is
an answer contact for Yade.