Re: [Question #683851]: contact detection between polyhedra and sphere

A Dinesh proposed the following answer:
Hi Lip,

That's what Jan is explaining, I guess. For a sphere-sphere interaction we have the contact force dependent
on the amount of overlap. But in the case of polyhedra, one needs to check the amount of volume. And the
force is proportional to the overlap volume.

See figure 1 of reference [1].  In this figure the author Herrmann describes the interaction between two polygons (It is 2d,
so he considers area, in place of volume). I think the same principle goes with sphere and polyhedra interaction.
Can Jan conform? Thanks