Re: [Question #685222]: updating properties for an existing contact

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
Hello,

WRT shear, I believe you could simply modify the shear stiffness at each
timestep without losing its "history" since it is updated incrementally
[1]. However I am not aware of a law in Yade that applies the same
incremental methodology to normal force (but one might very well exist
without me knowing). If one does not exist, I think your best bet is to
dive into C++. It will be much cleaner and more efficient. *I guess* you
could use python to hijack all the force calculations by storing the
'normalIncrement' in each contact. But there is no doubt that it will be
much slower (possibly prohibitive) depending on your simulation size.

Cheers,

Robert

[1]https://yade-dem.org/doc/formulation.html#shear-deformation