Re: [Question #685624]: Controlling pore sizes in sphere packings

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
Oh, it all makes sense...only 7 comments into the thread :-)

If I were you I would make a grid of boolean points in your imagery data
characterized by solid or pore. Then I would isolate the grid points
characterized by "pore". Now take those coordinates and use them to
delete spheres (i.e. if a sphere is a certain distance from a pore grid
point, it should be deleted) from a dense packing in Yade. I think that
would be your best bet.

Coincidentally, I am working on a very similar imagery data extraction
followed by Yade data injection process in the coming days. My plan is
to use ImageJ to extract the grid point data and then probably feed that
txt file directly into C++ for characterizing pore spaces.