[Question #685816]: how to get some variables in a certain range

Hi All,

recently, I want to get some variables in a certain range. For instance, fabric tensor, and coordination number.

I know if we want to get these variables for the whole sample we can use some commands like the following:

yade.utils. avgNumInteractions

yade._utils.fabricTensor

for these two commands, there is nothing thing related to the dimensions, which means I cannot get these variables by using these commands. I also looked at the document, it seems there are no special commands can do this.

so if I want to get these variables at some local range in my sample. Do I need to write the python code to get the fabric tensor by using its definition?  or there is another way I didn't find it?

thanks in advance,
Yong