Re: [Question #686131]: flow.nCells() != "cell number" recorded by flow.saveVtk()

Lingran Zhang gave more information on the question:
Hello Robert,

Thank you.

In my simulation, I get  flow.nCells()=383;  flow.getVertices(0)= [5, 68, 69, 71].
It means that the particle ids comprising the the cell id=0 are 5, 68, 69, 71, right?

While when I open the VTK file printed by flow.saveVTK(), I read the following lines:
CELLS 242 1210
4 38 41 37 39
4 31 28 36 11
…
>From my understanding, the VTK file tells me that I have 242 cells, each cell include 4 vertices, the particle ids comprising the cell id=0 are 38, 41, 37, 39. Am I wrong?

So my questions are: how many finite cells are produced by the
triangulation, 383 or 242? What are the particle ids comprising each
cell, shall I find the answer from flow.getVertices(i) or
flow.saveVTK()?

Cheers,
Lingran