Re: [Question #686131]: flow.nCells() != "cell number" recorded by flow.saveVtk()

Robert Caulk requested more information:
Hello Lingran,

I am not sure I understand the question:

flow.nCells() returns the total number of finite cells in the
triangulation [1].

flow.saveVTK() prints the individual cell IDs for each cell (the ones
you can index with getVertices(i)).

flow.getVertices(i) gives the vertex IDs for the particles comprising
cell i.

Are you trying to say the maximum ID printed by saveVTK is not equal to the single value returned by nCells()?
What makes you say the vertices are inconsistent? What are the vertices inconsistent with? The particle body IDs?

Cheers,

Robert

[1]https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.FlowEngine.nCells