Re: [Question #686704]: PicklingError

Nima Goudarzi gave more information on the question:
Thanks so much Jerome,

I was able to run it on my laptop without the need for enforcing Yade
using python 3. It is all about paths. Where and how you creat
yadeimport.py, where you export your python path,...

I tried to repeat the steps on a desktop but encountered a new issue:
Here it is:

Welcome to Yade 2019.01a
TCP python prompt on localhost:9000, auth cookie `ssdkae'
XMLRPC info provider on http://localhost:21000
Running script ./biaxialSmooth.py
usage: biaxialSmooth.py [options] [ TABLE [SIMULATION.py] | SIMULATION.py[/nCores] [...]
]
biaxialSmooth.py runs yade simulation multiple times with different
parameters. See https://yade-dem.org/sphinx/user.html#batch-queuing-and-
execution-yade-batch for details. Batch can be specified either with parameter
table TABLE (must not end in .py), which is either followed by exactly one
SIMULATION.py (must end in .py), or contains !SCRIPT column specifying the
simulation to be run. The second option is to specify multiple scripts, which
can optionally have /nCores suffix to specify number of cores for that
particular simulation (corresponds to !THREADS column in the parameter table),
e.g. sim.py/3.
optional arguments:
-h, --help show this help message and exit
-j NUM, --jobs NUM Maximum number of simultaneous threads to run
(default: number of cores, further limited by
OMP_NUM_THREADS if set by the environment: 1)
-v, --version Print version and exit.
--job-threads NUM Default number of threads for one job; can be
overridden by per-job with !THREADS (or
!OMP_NUM_THREADS) column. Defaults to 1.
--force-threads Force jobs to not use more cores than the maximum (see
\-j), even if !THREADS colums specifies more.
--log FORMAT Format of job log files: must contain a $, % or @,
which will be replaced by script name, line number or
by description column respectively (default: $.@.log)
--global-log FILE Filename where to redirect output of yade-batch itself
(as opposed to \-\-log); if not specified (default),
stdout/stderr are used
-l LIST, --lines LIST
Lines of TABLE to use, in the format 2,3-5,8,11-13
(default: all available lines in TABLE)
--nice NICE Nice value of spawned jobs (default: 10)
--cpu-affinity Bind each job to specific CPU cores; cores are
assigned in a quasi-random order, depending on
availability at the moment the jobs is started. Each
job can override this setting by setting AFFINE
column.
--executable FILE Name of the program to run (default: /home/ngoudarz/De
sktop/myYade/install/bin/yade-2019.01a). Jobs can
override with !EXEC column.
--gnuplot FILE Gnuplot file where gnuplot from all jobs should be put
together
--dry-run Do not actually run (useful for getting gnuplot only,

for instance)
--http-wait Do not quit if still serving overview over http
repeatedly
--plot-update TIME Interval (in seconds) at which job plots will be
updated even if not requested via HTTP. Non-positive
values will make the plots not being updated and saved
unless requested via HTTP (see \-\-plot-timeout for
controlling maximum age of those). Plots are saved at
exit under the same name as the log file, with the
.log extension removed. (default: 120 seconds)
--plot-timeout TIME Maximum age (in seconds) of plots served over HTTP;
they will be updated if they are older. (default: 30
seconds)
--refresh TIME Refresh rate of automatically reloaded web pages
(summary, logs, ...).
--timing COUNT Repeat each job COUNT times, and output a simple table
with average/variance/minimum/maximum job duration;
used for measuring how various parameters affect
execution time. Jobs can override the global value
with the !COUNT column.
--timing-output FILE With \-\-timing, save measured durations to FILE,
instead of writing to standard output.
--randomize Randomize job order (within constraints given by
assigned cores).
--disable-pynotify Disable screen notifications
ngoudarz@ngoudarz:~/Desktop/myYade/trunk-2019.01a/examples/FEMxDEM$

As you can see, it is not an error showing I am on the right track. It
just jump out from running. This does not happen on my laptop.
Everything is similar I use Ubuntu 18.04 on both systems and exactly
follow the same procedure for running this coupled simulation. Do you
think it is something related to MPI? has anyone encountered a similar
issue?

My other question is about the last version of the Yade source code. If 2019.01a is too old where I can find the latest version?

Thanks so much for your patience,