Re: [Question #687838]: Some questions related to the Triaxial code by Bruno Chareyre

> then I get run errors.
> I get the error

please be more specific (ideally copy-paste the error here). Especially
if it "it takes some hours", which nobody will like to test on his
computer.

if the error is something like "elapsed_time is not defined", it is just
because it is not defined anywhere in the code.

1)

I would say when "************** END **************" is printed..

> > When I run the code, It takes some minutes to show the ************** END ************** message on the screen, while the Play button has not been chosed
>
> while 1:
>     O.run(1000, True)

because you have O.run called in the code

2)
> what's the criterion to finish the test?

O.run(5000,True)

> does it work with damping?

newton=NewtonIntegrator(damping=damp)

> I have read about it but it's not clear for me yet.

please be more specific what is not clear, otherwise it is very
difficult to give some reasonable suggestion

3)
> I want to get the time of running

you can use O.realtime, which is the time from the script start to the
time of calling it

5)
> the fabric tensor

utils.fabricTensor()

>inter-particle forces

for i in O.interactions:
   fn = i.phys.normalForce
   fs = i.phys.shearForce

> branch vectors, and contact normals

for i in O.interactions:
   n = i.geom.normal

does "branch vector" and "contact normal" differ?

> as the raw data

please be more specific on what "raw data" is

cheers