Re: [Question #687838]: Some questions related to the Triaxial code by Bruno Chareyre

ehsan benabbas is still having a problem:
Dear Jan, Thanks for your very much response. Just for clarification

1) I would say when "************** END **************" is printed..
>> So the output is ready and I don't need to choose the Play button, right? it does not make any difference in result. is that correct?

2) newton=NewtonIntegrator(damping=damp)
>> I don't know what this damping does exactly. It damps the rate of strain? I think this one is the criterion of finishing the test.

3) you can use O.realtime, which is the time from the script start to the time of calling it
>> So I just need to put O.realtime at the end of my code. right?

5) does "branch vector" and "contact normal" differ?
>> Yes, branch vectors connect the centroids of 2 particles while contact normals are the exterior unit normal vector at contact. The fabric tensor can be defined based on both with different formulations. Can I get the fabric tensor directy by yade?

Raw data >>> I mean the aforementioned micromechanical parameters in a
text file which I can use for post processing.

Is there anyone who can help me to find the answer of question 4?

Thank you very much.