Re: [Question #687861]: GlobalStiffnessTimeStepper viscEl background

drasszkusz is still having a problem:
Dear Robet,

Thank you for your reply.

>> Can you please link to the materials/constitutive laws/parameters you
are referring to? We have a class reference for this very purpose [1].

I understand the minimum eigen-period for elastic contribution (spring
only), but with viscEl=True in globalstiffnesstimestepper [1], the
viscous contribution is also considered (dashpot part) when calculating
minimum (critical) timestep for Law2_ScGeom_ViscElPhys_Basic [2].

>>Please link to the the the location you are referring to.

The source code can be found here [3].

>> See "Stability Considerations" of the Yade manual [2] which also
points to Abul Hosn et al. 2017 [3].

As I can see, there are no dashpots used in that study [4], so there is
nothing about viscous stability cosiderations there. Also I could not
find anything in Yade manual about critical timestep considering  mass-
spring-viscous dampers (only mass-spring).

Cheers,

[1] http://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html?highlight=globalstiffness#yade.wrapper.GlobalStiffnessTimeStepper.viscEl
[2] https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.Law2_ScGeom_ViscElPhys_Basic
[3] https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/blob/master/pkg/dem/GlobalStiffnessTimeStepper.cpp