Re: [Question #687871]: Outputs of the Triaxial code by Bruno Chareyre

ehsan benabbas gave more information on the question:
Thanks Jan for clarification.

> what is a typical value of triax.meanStress? is there any chance the second condition can be non-randomly reach?
There is no typical value of mean stress. It's an average value of stresses in X,Y, and Z directions. Yes maybe, I should check, however I think it did not converge.

>the what?
the frictional angle became 0. sorry for not typing that. this specific one is solved as Robert answered me in another question. Still the problem exists.

Yes I did run the [1] without making any changes and it works perfectly.
it convergence fast and show the deformation really smooth. This is what
I wish to get for my model. So, I just made the following changes:

num_spheres=20000
targetPorosity = 0.4
mn,mx=Vector3(0,0,0),Vector3(20,20,20)
poisson=0.5
sp.makeCloud(mn,mx,0.2,0.5,num_spheres,False, 0.95,seed=1)
triax.goal1=triax.goal2=triax.goal3=-0.3
 if unb<stabilityThreshold and abs(-0.3-triax.meanStress)/0.3<0.001:
triax.goal1=-0.3
triax.goal3=-0.3

I only made these changes, each on its specific line. The run took about
2 days and it couldn't be converged in Confining section and also
couldn't be converged to reach the porosity. the became almost 0 and
porosity was fluctuating still.

Bests,
Ehsan