[Question #688269]: Have control on the test: O.run , time step , increments, iterations

This question is kind of general but my serious problem now in my code. Mostly about it's understanding in Yade.

Imagine we want to run the Triaxial code [1], to get the micro properties and calculate the stress-strain curves based on micromechanical formulations with respect to micro forces and displacements.

[1] https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/blob/master/examples/triax-tutorial/script-session1.py

Since it's a triaxial test, we need to have control over the test. It means that, if we want to use strain rate for the deviatoric part to reach a target strain as the finishing criterion of the test,  we need to know the increments of the time or load and the total number of increments to reach the target strain.

Eventually, I want to draw the stress-strain graph by connecting some points. What are these points? the result of convergence in the simulations which gives me stress and strain at that certain point. So, let's imagine I am talking about the first point  I get for the stress-strain curve (after the origin). between the origin and the first point, many iterations can happen but it is not the data I want to store as they did not converge. So, I only need to collect the data on those specific points which give me the stress-strain curve. That is why I want to define the maximum number of increments (the maximum number of points on the stress-strain curve) and reach to the target strain whit this number of increments.

In the code, we have O.run(A, True). Is the A the total number of increments?  because when we run the code, the O.iter will go beyond A in O.run(A, True). Is [1] based on time increments? because the time increments have not been defined in the code.  In this regard, the following questions are considerable:

1- In the code we have O.run(1000,true). Doesn't it mean that we only want to have 1000 increment to reach our target strain?
2- how we can control our simulation and increments?
3- the code is working based on time increments or load increments?
4- what is the final number of time/load increments we defined for our code to reach the target strain?
5- I want to define the total number of increments (time or load) and the target strain. I want to reach this target strain with the defined number of increments. And also, want to know in what increment I am now during the simulation. How is that possible?

Thank you,
Ehsan