Re: [Question #688269]: Have control on the test: O.run , time step , increments, iterations

Jérôme Duriez posted a new comment:
Hi,

I have the personal feeling your mindset is kind of "polluted" (with
respect to an optimal use of DEM and YADE) with Finite Element mindset,
so maybe the following small comment/reminder could help

DEM describes the time evolution of a discrete set of entities ("bodies"
in YADE) in mechanical interaction.

Numerical time just passes the same way real time does, with e.g.
position changes divided by time changes tending to velocity.

Time is also discretised with a Finite Difference scheme => each DEM
iteration lasts one "time step".

This being said, all the rest is up to you : how many DEM iterations you
want to do, with which workflow, .. And thinking in terms of
"convergence" does not help understanding in my opinion.

PS : with just O.run(A,True) I doubt O.iter will move forward more than