Re: [Question #688275]: Size problem in yade simulation

welcome to the playing with physical dimensions and units :-)
I assume you want in both cases "same" results:
- you increase size by a factor f (here f=1000)
- cross sections A increases by factor f^2
- volume and mass and gravity force increases with factor f^3
- penetration depth (pd) increases with factor f
- you left stiffness E unchanged, increasing by factor 1
- repulsive force F=pd*E*A/L increases with f*1*f^2/f = f^2
now it becomes 1000x "smaller" then in the original case! and is not large enough to prevent gravity force pushing particles through the cylinder..
So to "scale" repulsive force the same way as gravity force, you have to scale the stiffness by the factor f, too. Then F=pd*E*A/L=f*f*f^2/f=f^3.

Using
SoilMat=FrictMat(young=25e9,...)
in the second script, I got very similar results as in the first one

cheers