[Question #688399]: How to simulate a single particle crushing test?

Hello everyone,

Nice to find a technical forum which is perfectly run.

I am intended to perform a individual-particle crushing test where a clump of spheres are compressed until failed.

I have 2 questions:

1. I shall generate 2 walls and make the top one move down in a steady strain rate. How can I make the wall move in a predefined velocity? Since I only found references related to tri-axial test examples where walls are controlled either by stress or strain, I do not know whether I could make individual wall move as desired.

2. In the simulation I need to plot the F-strain curve where F refers to the stress imposed on the top moving wall. Is there a easy way to acquire the total stress imposed on the wall(since there could be multiple contacts ) ?

Thanks

Vincent