Re: [Question #688400]: Energy of the body is very high, defying gravity and normal stress - cpm material

Akm gave more information on the question:
Hi Jan,

Thanks for looking into the code.

>what version of Yade you use?

It is 1.2.0. For the sake of modifyng the source code, I had downloaded
the Yade/trunk files - https://github.com/yade/trunk

 and then installed Yade using three folders as outlined in the
installation manual:

https://www.yade-
dem.org/doc/installation.html?highlight=sudo%20add%20apt%20repository%20ppa%20yade%20users%20external

So when I run it, I get it as Yade Unknown.

>next time please make the question and code consistent

Sorry, next time, will do.

>I could not reproduce this (probably because there is cohesive
connection between top and bottom)

I have only changed three lines in the source code. It will be not good
to paste the entire thing here. Let me put that source code in the drive
as well so that you can download it and compile it.

''https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1M2rKs-
vnR3uHC_ybv2vliYLhvO2g0RTm?usp=sharing''

>realistic? Maybe a real specimen would also jump in reality moving
horizontally 10 cm per second

We know that the physical nature of the experiment cannot be simulated
here in the simulations. This is a 10000 particle sample. 0.1mps is a
125% strain rate which covers like 5% strain in 20 minutes. I tried to
use a 12.5% strain rate as well, it covered 5% of the strain in 13
hours. But the sample behaved the same way like it did with higher
strain rates. There is absolutely no difference.