Re: [Question #688439]: effect of rolling stiffness on peak friction angle of sample

Elham Hosseinkhani posted a new comment:
Hello Luc Sibille, and thanks for your comment.

I've studied paper [1] before and I've observed that point you said (peak friction angle does not depend on alphaKr when alphaKr is sufficiently high). But my problem is about the amount of peak friction angle before considering rolling stiffness (I mean without considering CohesionMomment)  and after that. when I use just FrictPhys_CundallStrack as  the contact law, with the Inter-Particle friction angle of 30 degree, I can't get peak friction angle of experimental data  that is about 40 degree. Because of this problem, I tried to model a sample with more stiffness until getting more peak friction angle. After using CohesionMoment and setting alpaKr (for example alphaKr=0.5 or 1), I couldn't see any changes.
I should say that I know about using more Inter-Particle friction angle( higher than 30 Degree like 50, 60,...) and getting more peak friction angle in the macroscopic response. I've tried this dependency an observed exact results. But I want to see effects of rolling parameters like stiffness and strength in macroscopic  parameters.
Thanks Luc Sibille for your suggestion for more studying. I also will study paper [2].

>>[1] Discrete numerical modeling of loose soil with spherical particles
and interparticle rolling friction
RA Hosn, L Sibille, N Benahmed, B Chareyre

>>[2] Quantitative prediction of discrete element models on complex
Luc Sibille, Pascal Villard, Félix Darve, Rodaina Aboul Hosn