Re: [Question #688681]: Contact laws and Input stiffness directly rather than young parameter

ehsan benabbas is still having a problem:
> why you "should get the same behavior", if you use a different material, different Ip2 and different Law2?
I get your point. However, it is not a different material (for me at least). When we are considering the same specimen, and this specimen is a real subject in our minds, we should get the same mechanical behavior apart from the scientific approach we look at the specimen.  In fact, the material, the specimen, and its properties, all are the same, so, just changing the contact law should not lead to a different mechanical behavior (new stress-strain curve).

> And if you think/are sure that with certain parameters it leads to the same physics, why to change it?
With the FricMat,  I get the dens behavior (with peak) which makes sense as the porosity is 0.4 and grains are in the sphere shape and fully rounded. The problem with this contact law is the "young" parameter which makes the code to be run so long as for 3 weeks. However, with the ViscElMat I get only the hardening behavior which refers to a loose specimen (with cn=cs=0)  but the code will be run only in 15 minutes.
Again, for the FricMat, when I define the "young" based on Kn, it gets a value which makes the run-time so long.