Re: [Question #688681]: Contact laws and Input stiffness directly rather than young parameter

> However, it is not a different material (for me at least).

well, different material objectively IS different material..

> just changing the contact law should not lead to a different
mechanical behavior (new stress-strain curve).

sorry, but this is total nonsense. Actually, the main reason why to use
a different contact law is to get different mechanical behavior..

> The problem with this contact law is the "young" parameter which makes the code to be run so long as for 3 weeks.
> However, with the ViscElMat I get only the hardening behavior which refers to a loose specimen (with cn=cs=0) but the code will be run only in 15 minutes.

you use the same young? then what are the differences in both
approaches? Answering it should significantly help.

> Again, for the FricMat, when I define the "young" based on Kn, it gets
a value which makes the run-time so long.

yes, that's one (not the only one) reason why this approach is
discouraged (as discussed in the other referenced questions)

cheers