Re: [Question #688882]: General questions about improving computing resources utilization for yade

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
>>Does it mean that <Yade script.py> use only one core (or thread)?

Yes.

>>If I want to run 2 scripts at the same time, I usually open two terminals and run <Yade script1.py> and <Yade script2.py> at the two terminals respectively, is this way recommanded?

The answers to these questions depend entirely on your simulation and
your computer. Why not try various tests out yourself and see what works
best?

Relevant resources [1][2].

[1]http://people.3sr-grenoble.fr/users/bchareyre/yade/EugenBenchmark.pdf
[2]https://yade-dem.org/wiki/Performance_Test