Re: [Question #689058]: How to achieve a twisting/bending-caused bond break in Yade?

Luc Scholtès posted a new comment:
@Bruno

Yes, you are right, JCFPM does not consider rolling/twisting resitance
in its formulation. But, increasing the number of bonds between
particles (by allowing near neighbor bonding) increases their degree of
interlocking. My interpretation is that the macroscopic consequence of
this enhanced interlocking is"similar" to what you would obtain with a
rolling resistance since the movements (i.e. translation and rotation)
of the particles are limited. This, of course, only applies when the
material is mostly cohesive (when particles are bonded). But, to be
honest, I don't have any quantitative proof of this supposed macroscopic
"similarity".

Luc