Re: [Question #689592]: Calibrating paramters under different confining pressure

Aleksander Grabowski posted a new comment:
Hi Leonard,

like you said, it is difficult to create one set of parameters that will
provide proper results for different conditions.

In my work, I used TriaxialCompressionEngine to perform some triaxial tests. As far as I'm concerned, when I wanted to properly prepare samples for two different confining pressures e.g. 100 kPa and 400 kPa, I had to use different friction angles between the particles (higher one for higher pressure), so the initial porosity was equal for both pressures (higher pressure will better squeeze
the specimen). I used the same approach to reach different initial porosities.

As far as I know, you can try to change your parameters a little, e.g.:
- increasing micro friction angle will increase only the peak value of the stress-strain curve and the residual value will stay on the same level,
- increasing young modulus will increase the global stiffness of the response.
- changing moments law etaRoll parameter can change the placement of the peak value on the stress-strain curve.

Cheers,
Aleksander