Re: [Question #689676]: coordinate system, local or global

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
> can I know the principal directions is in the global or local system?

Hi,
I'm guessing you refer to the local principal axis of one particle as "local system".
You are then asking if the principal directions are defined in principal frame itself.
In such case the the principal directions would be (1,0,0), (0,1,0), and (0,0,1).
Which would give zero information and be really pointless.
It's enough to sum stresses, no need to worry about principal axis.
Do I miss something?
Bruno