Re: [Question #689741]: Implémentation of capillary force during mechanical contact

Bruno Chareyre posted a new comment:
> So my point is that a value for the capillary force may be calculated
in case of penetrating particles

I fully agree. From a theoretical standpoint there is no need for any
empirical force model, it is enough to integrate Young-Laplace and that
integration doesn't depend on the fact that there is or isn't a contact.

In Law2_ScGeom_CapillaryPhys_Capillarity1 the force is a smooth function of distance, regardless of the sign of of delta_n.
If  delta_n>0 it keeps changing (unlike in Scholtès), by neglecting the deflection near the contact region, which is ok for larger bridges.

I realize only now that this algorithm has been left behind with the obscure name "Law2_ScGeom_CapillaryPhys_Capillarity1".
It should be improved...
Cheers
Bruno